BBYSL “TEAM PARENT”
Every BBYSL team should have a TEAM PARENT . (S)he focuses on communication and coordinating parent volunteer efforts for their team. The Team Parent is the league’s liason between the Coaching Staff and the other parents on the team. (S)he should act as one of the off-the-field leaders among parents during practice and games. The Head Coach focuses on building a team of players, the Team Parent is responsible for building a team of parents. The Head Coach is ultimately responsible for all players and parents on his team. The Team Parent receives important “league information” from the Board, Division Representative, or Team Parent Coordinator. The Team Parent receives important “team information” from the Head Coach. This position requires a Volunteer Application and BBYSL Board Approval.
“TEAM” PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· PRIORITY in gathering and communicating League & Team Information to other Parents.
· Promote and foster the mission of BBYSL to all Players and Parents.
· Attend a Mandatory Team Parent Meeting(s) As Scheduled By Team Parent Coordinator & Board
· Provide “Off-The-Field” Leadership and help foster the PCA Second-Goal Parent to other parents.
· Check League’s Website ( www.bbysl.com )
· Check Personal Voice and E-mail
· Check Team Mailbox Regularly (located in the Concession Stand)
· Respond to “ALL” League Voice & E-mail communication in a timely manner.
· Distribute League & Team information in a timely manner.
· Player and Parent Contact Information will be provided by the league.
· Discuss with Head Coach how team information and communication will be handled.
· Arrange for a female adult (over 18) to be at all team practices.
· Calling Tree – establish the best way to inform players & parents of rain outs and schedule changes. You might consider email, text messaging, voice mail, or direct calling.
· Concession Stand Duty – secure, schedule, and remind parents of concession stand duty and report these names to Concession Stand Coordinator.
· Complex Clean-Up – ALL Players & Parents are responsible for keeping the complex neat & clean.
· Scoreboard Operators – when your team is the HOME TEAM on Diamonds 3 or 4 you are responsible for finding someone from your team to operate the scoreboard.
· Team Pictures – Provide information, pick-up and distribute pictures to parents if needed.
· Team Sponsor – provide Team Schedule and invite them to a practice and/or a game.
· Complaints – Talk to the Head Coach first. Communication is very important. The Head Coach should pass on the complaint to the Division Representative or Team Parent Representative, who will communicate with the Board if necessary. Contact DIVISION HEAD COACHES.
· 6U Team Parent should coordinate the distribution of Team Snacks.
BBYSL Team Parent Coordinator
Fieldstone Credit Union
Knights of Columbus
Go All Out
Beef O' Brady's